Tuesday 11 December 2012


ANOTHER LEARNING ACTIVITY
I have created another activity earlier. I think it is more suitable for students who are in Form 5. So, I will just post it in my blog. It is an activity that incorporates with students’ thinking skills using the level of APPLYING in the Bloom’s Taxonomy. First, I will give the students a list of events. Next, they are free to arrange the events into a paragraph with the condition that the events must be linked to one another. Feel free to try out. =)

EXAMPLE:
 1. Accidentally kicked a big stone
2. Having lunch with my friends
3. The first time I met her
4. Late for lecture
5. Friends laughing at me
6. Made her my wife
7. Had dinner and movie

EXAMPLE 1:
I still remember the first time I met her. It was on a Friday morning. That day, I was late for lecture as I woke up late. It was because I had dinner and watched a late movie with my friends the other night till 2am. I ran all the way to my lecture hall and accidentally kicked a big stone, sending me toppled over a girl walking right in front of me. Standing up, I began to apologise profusely looking straight into her eyes for the first time. I was stunned and speechless, looking at her beautiful face. She said that it was alright and left. I saw her again the next day while I was having lunch with my friends at the café. I told my friends that I would make her my wife. My friends just laughed at me and continued with their lunch.

EXAMPLE 2:
I have just finished having lunch with my friends at the café when I accidentally kicked a big stone and slipped.  Friends were laughing at me for not having a girlfriend although I had been in the university for three years. This year will be my final year. Driving along the road, I was listening to my favorite song, Marry You by Bruno Mars. Suddenly, a girl came out of nowhere and stood in front of my oncoming car. I immediately stepped on the brake and the car came to an abrupt stop. I started to curse and before I regained my calm, that girl was already in my car, sitting at the passenger seat which was right next to me saying, “I’m so sorry, mister. But, could you please send me to the Lecture Hall Number 15. I’m going to be late for my first class. Please”. That was how everything started. We chatted along the way and keep in touch often. Two weeks later, we started to meet up for dinner and also movie every Saturday. Soon enough, I made her my wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment